Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Transitioning from Him to You

So many months, years, had passed, since I was not able to be with him.
We grew apart in time and space... yet I still loved him, and him me.
So sad, the story went, of our parting, and his desolation from me.
So long and tedious the wait, to the point of refusal by the universe.
Time moves on, space moves forward...
I was ready to move on with it...
Then I met you.
Everything changed, yet was I ready?
Slowly, so slowly I prepared, and transitioned.
I let him go, in time, when I was ready, with all hope lost.
And a new hope replaced the old, and I had to let go.
Six months of building love and trust...
Then...
Three months of the last piece... letting what passed, pass.
Three months of the last piece... letting what came, come.
Three months of transitioning... from him to you.
Three months too late, three months just on time.
The universe knows best,
and we follow on to know it through recognition.
So here I stand, awaiting your bionic eyes upon me,
piercing my soul with their intensity,
awaiting your neck, like a flamingo, to wrap around me,
to feel your wings about me, wrapping me up like a warm blanket.
Flying me to the mountains, landing in an oasis of love,
Your sweet and precious soul, loving me, because you must.
And you must choose.
And I follow you, because I choose.
And choose I must.
This mutual feeling, growing, trusting, hoping anew, and knowing...
Clairvoyance aside, we know what is to come,
without a word, we understand.
Without it spoken, we see.
Without it asked, we answer.
And suddenly I realize I forgot what I feared to forget.
And he is gone from my memories that once yearned,
and that empty space replaced with your attentions...
your love...
your strong arms about me...
your sweet and loving spirit touching mine...
and the transition is nearly done.
Three months tell what was needed.
Quiet silence on one end...
Words of plenty on the other...
Replacement, complete.
Only you shield my eyes from the brightness of the sun...
Only you hold me like no other, and love me with gentle passion.
Only you, with the musical element of two souls singing together,
You hold me, encompass my soul, and I you...
Together, we are.
Being. Just being, together.
It is just us now.
I love you sweetheart...
I love you with all of my heart!
For you have stolen it from the past...
And I have given it to you for the future...
Our future together...
Transition is done, a gift to you, and you alone,
For you are my great gift of mercy, and adoration, and grace.
You are my #1 love... in first place... my first love...
I will follow you to the end.
And we are just beginning...
just beginning.........

No comments:

Post a Comment