Friday, December 14, 2012

DIVORCE: THE END IS MERELY THE BEGINNING

Divorce, I have done it more than once.

I don't wish to ever do it again, and wouldn't have this last time, but after 4 yrs of not living with my last husband it became evident that getting together was not ever going to happen again soon, if ever.

Giving in is not giving up, but giving up is easier.

I gave up. I'm sorry, but it is what it is.

So here I am, with my divorce almost two weeks ago. And you know how I feel?

I feel GREAT! It was just another day. Nothing changed except a judge put his autograph on a piece of paper. Nothing had changed from how things were the day before, and nothing would change the day after. A week later I feel the same way.

I have a new life, and new healing has occurred, and I am happy! What more could I ask for?

So, it's true... the end of one thing is merely the beginning of the next.

Kind of like how 12/12/12 came and went, and how the so-called "end of the world" (the Mayan prophecy--NOT!) on 12/21/12 will come and go.

I thought that looking forward to the Zombie Apocalypse on 12/22/12 would be fun, but I suspect that day will just come and go too.

In the meantime, good things are happening, little things, little changes day by day, that are bringing my love and I together. And my love is NOT my recent ex-husband.

I love new beginnings!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment