Tuesday, September 6, 2016

CHEAP AIR CONDITIONING - EARTH TUBES FOR COOLING


I made earth tubes once to cool my house. There's a 10-20 degree F difference between the inside and outside air temperature, inside your house being cooler when you use earthtubes. Of course, my house was a passive solar straw bale house, so it was energy efficient and had a 30 degree temperature difference between inside and outside!

The system is completely passive, which means no moving parts, and so uses no electricity, which means it's FREE (outside the cost of building them). Cost to make them is approximately $150/tube using new materials. You'll want one earth tube per room, or two for bigger ones. You'll need some yard space to dig the trenches to put them into the earth. The tubes are made out of thin-walled PVC.

You can find out more by reading my webpage on it here, plus there is a small PDF (version 1 of my old book) that you can read on my ebooks for free website here:

http://sunstar-solutions.com/wp/index.php/cheap-air-conditioning/

I also have a new full paperback (version 2) book that is greatly expanded on the topic, which is available through Amazon, for those interested in more details.

I hope you enjoy it and can save the earth and money while also staying more comfortable in your home... a win-win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment